Name: Shikha Khanna
Hometown: New Delhi, India
Where she traveled: She’s traveled across India with camera in hand.
Where our paths last crossed: New Delhi, India
In past ‘Guest Traveler’ posts we’ve featured the writings of many (one of my favorite from Chen Luan in Shanghai), the videos of Davey Dance and the music of road warrior David Strackany (aka Paleo), now I’d like to share with you some guest travel photography from India.
Shikha and I met through a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend and our mutual interests in photography and creativity helped forge a quick friendship.
Below is a series of some of her amazing photos of street kids in India.
The term ‘street kid’ often draws up images of ragged clothes, dirty faces and outstretched palms, and when traveling (or living) in India, most people develop an indifference as a way to cope with the sheer numbers of such children on the street—after a while, the kids become invisible to most people.
Shikha’s photographs make these kids visible again, and remind me (and hopefully all of us) that behind the sooty hands and gnarly hair is infact a genuine child, smiling, happy and enraptured at times by the simplest of things.
I hope you find her photographs as inspiring and uplifting as I do.
All photography above our copyright Shikha Khanna and should not be reprinted,
reposted or used without the express written consent of the author. www.shikhakhanna.com
- Leave a comment on this post in the box below.
- Shikha can be reach through her website at www.shikhakhanna.com where you can also find more of her photographs.
- Suggest some to be featured as a future NoBoundaries.org “Guest Traveler” by contacting us.
- Read entries from some of the other “Guest Travelers” featured on NoBoundaries.org:
- 陈峦 – Chen Luan, a friend from Shanghai on her trip to Lugu Lake in Yunan, China.
- Nicole Bruskewitz saving turtles and backpacking the back roads of Central
and South America for a year.
- Richard Bitbaba, Iranian-born adventure traveler, takes on Mt Everest.
- Davey Dance, a travel video series I guarantee will help you lose an hour of your day.